A few days ago, we posted a very useful presentation on how to craft case studies for awards. It was Nuno.Lemos@ogilvy.com who pointed out how great this one example towards the end really was. I almost missed it. I remembered the idea and the presentation board but can’t recall having watched the video.
As mentioned on ‘A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Award Shows’ (Faris Jacob), this idea/case contains/does a lot of things right:
- Behavioural & cultural insight
- A consumer problem to solve
- Funny/Charming/Fun to watch
- Functional integration
- Simple strategic solution
- Let others tell you story
- Advertising people pay for
- Things that rhyme
- No jargon
- Strategic single use of PR coverage
- Simple, compelling business results
Just don’t miss it.