A long read for the weekend.
“In the future, no television advertisement will be just self-contained narratives designed to entertain, inform, educate or remind consumers about products. Their role isn’t going to be about building brand recall, favorability and awareness in that moment alone. They will be trailers into deeper branded digital experiences.”
Some of the points made are:
- In the future, no television advertisement will be just self-contained narratives designed to entertain, inform, educate or remind consumers about products.
- Fewer and fewer advertisers will start their strategic marketing planning with a television advertisement in mind.
- Location-based digital experiences will be the new driver of television advertising.
- Media planning will change, as social signals will heavily influence media-planning decisions.
- Being ready for digital participation in real-time becomes the new imperative for marketers.
- Reflecting digital culture through television will become a priority for brands.
Of them, I think #3 and #5 will be increasingly important for us.
Regional Executive Creative Director, Geometry Global Asia Pacific